The Shanker Law Firm Services
The Shanker Law Firm is a Full Service Adoption and Guardianship Firm Representing the Diverse Needs of Individuals & Families Statewide:
Foster Parents/Kinship Adoptions
- Representation of licensed and unlicensed foster parents and kinship families in Department of Child Safety (DCS) related adoption matters.
(*Firm accepts DES Subsidy “Reimbursement of Non-Recurring Funds” as full and final payment for all legal services and costs related to the adoption of a Foster Child.)
- Assisting out-of-state families adopting children who are wards of the state of Arizona; providing legal representation to Arizona residents who are adopting children placed in Arizona by another state through an ICPC* agreement; private placement ICPC* Adoptions.
(*Interstate Compact for the Placement of Children)
Adoptions and Guardianships
- Representing family members seeking private adoption or guardianship of their minor relatives; or permanent placement through the Child Welfare system.
- Representation of family members or other interested persons seeking guardianship of an incapacitated adult (17.5 years & older).
Private Individuals and Couples
- Representing Individuals and Private Couples in their desire to adopt through direct placement of a child. Guidance, legal counseling and representation through the labyrinth of the private adoption process. . . from Certification – Temporary Custody / Placement – to Finalization of the Adoption.
Indian Child Welfare Act (ICWA)
- Assuring compliance with state and federal ICWA requirements in state court custody proceedings.
- Representing adult person(s) who wish to pursue adoption of another *eligible adult (*current or previous stepchild, niece, nephew, cousin or grandchild; or former foster placement).
- Full representation in both contested and uncontested matters. Services inclusive of obtaining birth parent(s) direct consents; or if needed, filing for termination of a birth parent(s) rights to legally free a child to be adopted by a step-parent.
- Representing Birth Mothers, as well as Birth Fathers, through the difficult yet self-less decision to privately place their child for adoption with a chosen individual or family.
- Representing Birth Fathers in timely asserting their paternity rights and obligations.
What our families are saying about The Shanker Law Firm:
More About The Shanker Law Firm
The Shanker Law Firm brings together over 45 combined years of legal experience. The Firm provides quality representation to individuals and families state-wide.
The Firm is a dedicated, full service Adoption and Guardianship practice that focuses on comprehensive representation of:
- Foster Families
- Kinship Placements
- Blended Families
- Private Couples
- Single Parents
- Same-Sex Couples
- Birth Mothers
- Birth Fathers
The Shanker Law Firm is committed to building families and forever homes through Adoption and Guardianship
If You Have Any Questions
Call (480) 838-9300 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org